The Left is the progressive voice of the ALP and the largest group in Queensland Labor.
Ensuring all children have access to world class education
- Treating asylum seekers with compassion
- Creating secure jobs with decent wages and conditions for all Queenslanders
- Making sure we look after the environment for future generations
- Recognising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional owners of our land
- Supporting equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people
- Fighting against discrimination in all its forms
- Supporting women on equality of pay, representation and against domestic violence
- Upholding our commitment to universal healthcare services
- Ensuring young people have access to higher education and apprenticeships and a real voice in shaping Government's decisions on what affects them
- Delivering dignity in retirement for older Queenslanders
The Left is a democratic organisation that deeply values consensus decision making and open debate. We are made up of a strong branch member base and progressive affiliated unions. This partnership demonstrates our commitment to local grassroots activism and the importance of working people to policy development.
If you share our progressive values we encourage you to join the Left to help shape the ALP for the betterment of all Queenslanders.